Library Winter Hours: M-F 1-8 p.m., Sat-Sun 1-5 p.m. Story time Wed. and Thurs. at 10:30 a.m.
Clinic Winter Hours: Open 8 to 5 p.m. weekdays. If you have an after-hours emergency, please dial 911.
Senior Lunch, 11:30 a.m. Mon-Wed-Fri (Oct-Mar) at Presbyterian Rec. Hall.
AA, 6 p.m. Mondays at Bolton Cabin.
AA for Women, 6-7 p.m. Thursdays at Skagway Traditional Council building, 11th & Broadway. Phone 907-957-5337 for info.
Incinerator open Tuesdays, Saturdays & Sundays from 1 to 3 p.m.
Border Stations Winter Hours: Open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Alaska time from Nov. 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014. Then open 24 hours April-October.
Spring Break week - no school.
• March 4 - Senior Ad Hoc Committee, 10 a.m. at City Hall.
Skagway basketball teams at SE 1A Region Tourney in Ketchikan - listen on KHNS or watch online through link at www.skagwayschool.org -
Opening games: SHS Boys vs. Kake at 12:30 p.m., SHS Girls vs. Klawock at 2:15 p.m. (see bracket links below)
• March 5 - Port Commission, 1 p.m. at City Hall
• March 5 - Dyea Community Advisory Board, 6 p.m. at City Hall.
Skagway basketball teams at SE 1A Region Tourney in Ketchikan - listen on KHNS or watch online through link at www.skagwayschool.org - Semifinal game times 4 & 5:45 p.m. Boys play Yakutat, girls play Kake.
• March 6 - Finance Committee, 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.
• CANCELLED! March 6 - Borough Assembly, 7 p.m. at City Hall. (lack of quorum, rescheduled to March 12)
• Skagway basketball teams at SE 1A Region Tourney in Ketchikan - listen on KHNS or watch online through link at www.skagwayschool.org - SHS plays Angoon in losers bracket round. Girls play at 2:30 followed by boys at 4:15 p.m. If they win they will play on Saturday. Both teams lost, end of season.
• March 7- Burger Feed, 5-7 p.m. at Elks (benefits Elks).
• Skagway basketball teams in skill competitons today at SE 1A Region Tourney in Ketchikan - listen on KHNS or watch online through link at www.skagwayschool.org
• CANCELLED! (winter storm warming) March 8 - Ski Club round 2 - Meet at Rec Center, depart from parking lots at 1045 am for Log Cabin - Kids instruction by John Briner 1130-1230 am, adult technique and form right after at approx. 1230-130 pm.
• March 9 - Daylight Savings Time begins, spring ahead an hour at 2 a.m.
• March 9 - Ruth Moody Band, 7 p.m. at AB Hall. (see Artsbeat for info)
• March 10 - Historic District Commission, 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.
• March 11 - Skagway CVB, 9 a.m. at City Hall.
• March 12 - Dyea Site Plan meeting and public hearing, 5-8 p.m. at NPS Visitors Center (presentations at 6 and 7 p.m.) See a copy of the Dyea Site Plan (5.3 MB pdf)
March 12 - Borough Assembly, 7 p.m. at City Hall. (rescheduled from March 6)
• March 13-14 - Minimum days at school for parent-teacher conferences, school days end at 1:40 p.m.
• March 13 - Library Board, 5:15 p.m. at library.
• March 13 - Planning & Zoning Commission: West Creek Area Master Plan update public hearing, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• March 14-16 - Bash & Ball Weekend, (details TBA).
• March 15 - Leprechaun Loop 1K & 5K Fun Run, 10:30 a.m. at Skagway School.
• March 20 - Finance Committee, 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.
• March 20 - Borough Assembly, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• March 22 - Buckwheat Ski Classic, (details at www.buckwheatskiclassic.com)
• March 24 - Teacher Inservice, no school.
• March 26 - School Board budget work session, 7 p.m. at school library.
• March 27 - Choose Respect March, 12 noon.
• March 29 - Eagles Oratory Program, 5 p.m. at Eagles.