Library Hours: 3:30-8 p.m. Mon-Fri and 1-5 p.m. Sat. at school library while public library renovation project continues (target for move back is end of May). Story Time 10:30 a.m. Wed. and Thurs.
Clinic Summer Hours (began May 20): Mon, Tues & Fri 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Wed. & Thurs. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. to noon. Closed Sunday. If you have an after-hours emergency, please dial 911.
Senior Lunch, 11:30 a.m. Friday in spring-summer (April-Sept) at Presbyterian Rec. Hall.
AA, 6 p.m. Mondays at Bolton Cabin.
AA for Women, 6-7 p.m. Thursdays at Skagway Traditional Council building, 11th & Broadway. Phone 907-957-5337 for info.
Friday night burger feeds to benefit Skagway School activities, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. weekly at Elks lodge until end of May.
Incinerator now open Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays & Sundays from 1 to 3 p.m.
Border Stations Summer Hours: Starting April 1 now open 24 hours a day until end of October.
• May 20 - Historic District Commission, 5:30 p.m. at City Hall. (submission deadline 4 p.m. on May 10)
• May 20 - Recreation Board, 7 p.m. at Rec. Center.
• May 21 - Alaska State Rail Plan Open House, 5-8 p.m. at City Hall.
• May 22 - Port Commission, 12 noon at City Hall.
• May 22 - NEW! Customs & Border Protection meeting to update Canadian pleasure boaters, 7 p.m. at NPS auditorium.
• May 23 - NEW! Special Borough Assembly meeting: exec. session on Ore Dock access agreement, 6 p.m. at Rasmuson Health Center board room.
• May 23 - Planning & Zoning Commission work session, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• May 27 - Memorial Day - most government offices and facilities closed today.
• May 28 - Board of Equalization, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• May 28 - School Board, 7 p.m. at school.
• May 29-June 1 - North Words Writers Symposium in Skagway.
• May 30 - Clinic Board, 7 p.m. at Rasmuson Health Center, followed by meeting of executive committee.
• May 30 - Special Borough Assembly meeting to certify property tax roll, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• May 31 - Official launch day for Skagway: City of the New Century at Skaguay News Depot & Books. Jeff Brady will be signing books from 10:30 am to 1 pm.
• May 31 - Application deadline for the Skagway Fruit & Nut Tree Planting Program, and the Food Garden Project is 5 p.m. on Friday, May 31. (Applications are available at City Hall, the Skagway Library, and on the muni. website under notices. They should be turned in at City Hall).
• June 1 - Fran Delisle Cancer Awareness Walk-a-thon.
• June 1 - Garden City Market, 11-3 at Eagles social room/deck.
• June 1 - TIWC Disc Golf Tournament, time TBA.
• June 5 - Dyea Community Advisory Board, 6 p.m. at City Hall.
• June 6 - Finance Committee, 4 p.m. at City Hall.
• June 6 - Borough Assembly, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• June 8 - Skagway Marathon (see 2013 Marathon Poster pdf).