Library Winter Hours: M-F 1-8 p.m., Sat-Sun 1-5 p.m. Story time Wed. and Thurs. at 10:30 a.m.
Clinic Winter Hours: Open 8 to 5 p.m. weekdays. If you have an after-hours emergency, please dial 911.
Senior Lunch, 11:30 a.m. Mon-Wed-Fri (Oct-Mar) at Presbyterian Rec. Hall.
AA, 6 p.m. Mondays at Bolton Cabin.
AA for Women, 6-7 p.m. Thursdays at Skagway Traditional Council building, 11th & Broadway. Phone 907-957-5337 for info.
Incinerator open Tuesdays, Saturdays & Sundays from 1 to 3 p.m.
Border Stations Winter Hours: Open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Alaska time from Nov. 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014. Then open 24 hours April-October.
• Senior Ad Hoc Committee, 10 a.m. at City Hall.
• Rec. Center Addition working group, 2-4 p.m. at City Hall
• School board work session (6) followed by regular meeting (7), at school library.
Jan. 28-29- SHS basketball teams at Thorne Bay, games at 6 and 7:30 p.m. View webcast through link at skagwayschool.org and listen on KHNS.
• Solid Waste Advisory Committee, 6 p.m. at City Hall
• Clinic Board, 7 p.m. at cilinic.
Jan. 30-31 - SHS basketball teams at Klawock, games at 6 and 7:30 p.m. View webcast through link at skagwayschool.org and listen on KHNS.
Feb. 1-2 - SHS basketball teams at Hydaburg, games at 6 and 7:30 p.m. View webcast through link at skagwayschool.org and listen on KHNS.
Super Sunday events & Groundhog Day.
• Feb. 5 - Port Commission, 1 p.m. at City Hall.
• Feb. 5 - Dyea Community Advisory Board, 6 p.m. at City Hall.
• Feb. 6 - Finance Committee, 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.
• NEW! Feb. 6 - Board of Appeals Hearing on variance 13.67 request by Dottie DeMark for minimum lots width relief (block 11, lots 5 & 6), 6 p.m. at City Hall.
• Feb. 6 - Borough Assembly, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• Feb. 10 - Historic District Commission, 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.
• Feb. 13 - Planning & Zoning Commission, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• Feb. 13-15 - SHS basketball teams at Tok Tourney.
• Feb. 14 - Valentine's Day & next Skagway News.
• Feb. 17 - Presidents Day - most government offices closed.