Updated almost daily - Scroll down for updates
Sales Tax Holiday now in effect through February.
WINTER BORDER HOURS - US and Canada Customs ports of entry on Klondike Highway open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Alaska Time (8 a.m. to midnight Pacific/Yukon Time). Hours in effect Nov. 1 - March 31.
AA MEETING - 6 p.m. Mondays at Bolton Cabin.
PUBLIC LIBRARY - Winter Hours, 1-8 pm M-F, 1-5 pm S-S.
SENIOR LUNCH, 12 noon M-W-F at Presbyterian Rec. Hall.
BIG DIPPERS Senior Center, 1-6 p.m. M-F at Little Dippers bldg. (23rd and Main).
STORYTIME for pre-schoolers, 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays at public library.
BACKCOUNTRY AVALANCHE WORKSHOP with John Briner, 7-8 p.m. Wednesdays at Rec. Center Jan. 5 through Feb. 9.
BURGER FEED -fundraisers for Skagway School Activities, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Fridays at Elks.
CRIBBAGE - 1 p.m. Saturdays at Little Dippers/Big Dippers building, 23rd and Main.
UPCOMING MEETINGS & EVENTS!
• Jan. 17-18 - SHS Basketball vs. Hydaburg (boys only), 6:30 p.m. at school gym.
• Jan. 18 - Port Commission, 5 p.m. at City Hall.
• Jan. 19 - Finance Committee, 4 p.m. at City Hall.
• Jan. 19 - Joint Civic Affairs and Public Works Committee meeting on Old Clinic, 5 p.m. at City Hall (rescheduled from 1/13)
• Jan. 19 - Clinic Finance Committee, 6:30 p.m. at Rasmuson Health Center.
• Jan. 20 - Selwyn Chihong Mining open house, 5-7 p.m. at City Hall (there will be a presentation at 6 p.m.)
• Jan. 20 - Borough Assembly, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• Jan. 21- NEXT SKAGWAY NEWS (published once in January)
• Jan. 21-23 - Non-motorized weekend at Log Cabin.
E-mail updates to email@example.com or fax to Skagway Chamber of Commerce at 983-2031
To see a list of major events ahead on the Skagway calendar, link to our 2010-11 Skaguay Alaskan events and attractions page or visit the Skagway CVB site at www.skagway.com