Library Summer Hours: M-F 12-9 p.m., Sat-Sun 1-5 p.m.; Catapult Reading Club for Tweens Wed. at 4:30 p.m.; Fizz, Boom Read! Summer Reading Program, hurs. at 10:30 a.m.; Travel Program: Driving Across Russia, July 13 at 7 p.m.; Book Discussion, The Hundred Foot Journey (to be released soon as a movie starring Helen Mirren) July 28, 7 p.m.
Clinic Summer Hours: Summer hours start May 19: Monday, Tuesday & Friday 7 to 7, Wednesday and Thursday 8 to 5, Saturday 10 to 2, closed Sunday. If you have an after-hours emergency, please dial 911.
Senior Lunch, 11:30 a.m. Friday only (May-Sept) at Presbyterian Rec. Hall.
AA, 6 p.m. Mondays at Bolton Cabin.
AA for Women, 6-7 p.m. Thursdays at Skagway Traditional Council building, 11th & Broadway. Phone 907-957-5337 for info.
Overeaters Anonymous: Monday 8-9 p.m. at Chamber office, 7th & State.
Incinerator open Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays & Sundays from 1 to 3 p.m.
Border stations: Open 24 hours April-October.
• July 28 • Recreation Board, 7 p.m. at Rec. Center.
• July 30 - Port Commission/Assembly work session with AIDEA, 1 p.m. at City Hall.
• NEW! July 30 - Parks & Rec. Committee: Bike friendly community application, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• July 31 - Public Safety/HEW Committees: Review of herbicide ordinance, 10 a.m. at City Hall.
• July 31 - Clinic Board, 7 p.m. at clinic.
SE Alaska State Fair begins in Haines, continues through Sunday.
• Aug. 1 - Ashley Bowman signing The Arctic Brotherhood, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Skaguay News Depot & Books, then giving a talk for the NPS Guide Series at 6 p.m. at park auditorium.
SE Alaska State Fair all weekend in Haines.
Yukon Trail Marathon in Whitehorse. Go Skagway teams!
• Aug. 4 - Candidate filing opens for Oct. 7 Municipal Election, ends at 5 p.m. on Aug. 18.
• Aug. 4 - Harbors Advisory Board, 6 p.m. at library.
• Aug. 4 - Celebrate Wilderness Act program, 6 p.m. at NPS auditorium.
• Aug. 6 - Port Commision, 1 p.m. at City Hall.
• Aug. 7 - Finance Committee, 5:30 at City Hall.
• Aug. 7 - Borough Assembly, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• Aug. 8 - NPS Guide Series: Cultural Resources project update in Klondike Gold Rush NHP, 6 p.m. at NPS auditorium.
• Aug. 9 - Garden City Market, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Eagles social room & deck.
• Aug. 11 - Historic District Commission, 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.
• Aug. 11 - Steve Hites "North to Alaska" show, 6 p.m. at NPS auditorium.
• Aug. 14 - Planning & Zoning Commission, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• Aug. 15 - NEXT SKAGWAY NEWS!
• Aug. 18 - Candidate filing deadline for Oct. general election, 5 p.m. at City Hall.
• Aug. 18 - Mobile Mammogram Van visits Skagway at Dahl Memorial Clinic. Call 983-2255 for information.
• Aug. 19 - Alaska Primary Election, polls open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at City Hall.
• Aug. 19 - Michele Genest signing The Boreal Feast at Skaguay News Depot & Books.
To get your items listed on our Community Calendar, email them to email@example.com