Library Summer Hours: M-F 12-9 p.m., Sat-Sun 1-5 p.m.; Story Time Thurs. at 10:30 a.m; Sept. Book Discussion: The Lifeboat, Sept. 28, Time TBA.
Clinic Summer Hours: Summer hours: Monday, Tuesday & Friday 7 to 7, Wednesday and Thursday 8 to 5, Saturday 10 to 2, closed Sunday. If you have an after-hours emergency, please dial 911.
Senior Lunch, 11:30 a.m. Friday only (May-Sept) at Presbyterian Rec. Hall.
AA, 6 p.m. Mondays at Bolton Cabin.
AA for Women, 6-7 p.m. Thursdays at Skagway Traditional Council building, 11th & Broadway. Phone 907-957-5337 for info.
Overeaters Anonymous: Monday 8-9 p.m. at Chamber office, 7th & State.
Incinerator open Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays & Sundays from 1 to 3 p.m.
Border stations: Open 24 hours April-October.
HAPPY LABOR DAY!
• Port Comm., 1 p.m. at City Hall.
• Alaska Child Care Program Daycare Licensing Open Table (1-4 p.m.) and Meeting/Chat (5-7 p.m.) at Library.
• Finance Comm., 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.
• Borough Assembly, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• Cross Country Meet: 1 p.m. elementary run/walk from Gold Rush Cemeter to school; 2:30 p.m. Girls junior high and high school race (course: Gold Rush Cemetery down Alaska St., over footbridge and up Yakutania Pt. road to finish line at lookout on Dyea Road); 3:15 p.m. Boys j-high and high school race (same course).
• Klondike Road Relay starts at 6 p.m. with runners leaving every half hour, 2nd & Broadway; walkers leave from Carcross early Sat. morning; all teams finish late morning and early afternoon at Rotary Peace Park in Whitehorse.
• Garden City Market (last one of summer), 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Eagles.
• Sept. 7 - Last Day to Register to Vote for Oct. 7 municipal election (borough offices closed, register at City Hall by 5 p.m. on Friday).
• Sept. 8 - School Board Policy Committee,
• Sept. 8 - Public Safety Facility / Public Works Committee work session, 9 a.m. at City Hall.
• Sept. 8 - Senator Lisa Murkowski in Skagway: meet & greet 12-1 p.m. at City Hall, then she will be at school reading to students till about 2:15 p.m.
• Sept. 8 - Historic District Commission, 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.
• Sept. 9 - School Pictures during day, community pictures 4-6 p.m. (retakes on Sept. 10).
• Sept. 9 - SE Alaska Transportation Plan open house (5:30-6:30) and public meeting, (6:30-8:30) at City Hall.
• Sept. 11 - Rapuzzi Committee, 3 p.m. at City Hall.
• Sept. 11 - Planning & Zoning Commission, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• Sept. 11 - Clinic Planning Committee, 7 p.m. at clinic.
• Sept. 12 - NEXT SKAGWAY NEWS (deadline 5 p.m. on Sept. 8)
• Sept. 13 - SHS Cross Country team in Petersburg.
• Sept. 13-14 - Electronic Recycling Event, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Skagway Tribal Center (253 11th Ave.). Cost is .25 per pound. No scavengers. For more info: 983-3615.
• Sept. 19 - Early Literacy Event, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. at White Pass Depot.
• Sept. 18 - Finance Comm., 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.
• Sept. 18 - Borough Assembly, 7 p.m. at City Hall.
• Sept. 23 - School Board meets, 7 p.m. at school library.
• Sept. 26 - Next Skagway News (deadline 5 p.m. on Sept. 22).
• Sept. 27 - Region V Cross Country meet in Ketchikan.
To get your items listed on our Community Calendar, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org